Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Healthy Valentine's Day

In honor of Valentine's Day, I'm inspired to write about this article I came across from the CDC, "Here's to a Healthy Valentine". This is a short article provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention sharing a few tips and ideas to keep healthy choices as you plan for Valentines.

Regardless of whether you spend your Valentine's day with a friend, your family or significant other, you should do your best to spent a happy and healthy day. The first tip the CDC provides, is the idea of having a heart healthy meal with lots of fruits and vegetables. For Valentine's Day, my boyfriend and I had Sushi. I would say this was a healthy choice for us because we typically go out for Mexican. The second tip was to planned a physical activity. I will admit though, that instead we sat down and watch t.v. Normally I'm a very active woman which is why I decided Valentine's day was a rest day. The third tip was to give an alternative to candy. I'm a chocolate lover but instead I just got flowers, so I guess I followed the two out of three tips from the CDC.

Living a healthy lifestyle can be challenging for some of us, especially around the holidays. I did my best to try to follow the advice provided by this article. I'm curious to know how you spent your Valentine's Day? Was it healthier than mine, if so how?



Here is a link if you would like to send health-e card


No comments:

Post a Comment